The Pro-Life Union of Greater Philadelphia is hiring. Do you know a potential Marketing & Communications Coordinator? The ideal candidate is someone with energy, creativity, is tech savvy, an exceptional communicator and is committed to the dignity and sanctity of life from the beginning to the end. Please see below … and spread the word!
Or click on the download button below for the job description as a document attachment:
PLU staff Member, Beth Harrison, has served for the past 18 months as our Communications Manager. Beth has been an incredible asset and has helped us upgrade our communications, media relations, website, social media, etc. She will be missed and yet we are pleased that she was offered and accepted an excellent full-time role with Hamilton Strategies (a mission-oriented public relations firm). It’s a great career move and I personally wish Beth all the best. Beth will continue to occasionally help out from time to time as a volunteer and as a contractor—so farewell, but not goodbye.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Work for a mission-driven human rights organization that positively and profoundly impacts pregnant moms, families, children and protects and frequently saves the lives of the unborn. We are a growing organization meeting a critical need. To learn more, see prolifeunion.org.
The successful candidate will possess demonstrated alignment with our vision, mission and belief statements found here: prolifeunion.org/mission. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for creating communications content which includes newsletter, social media, email, web content, brochures, and graphics.
This is a Part-Time position (24 hours/week) and work will be primarily completed from our Oreland, PA office. There is flexibility for hours and some working from home for the right candidate. Future full-time employment is possible (as funding allows) for a candidate that possesses superior experience in program management, training, speaking, and organization.
- Develop and maintain a cohesive communications plan.
- Work closely with President & CEO, Guiding Star Program Director, PLU staff, Member Organizations, Churches and other groups to promote stories, activities and news.
- Maintain, develop, design, and update website, social media platforms, signs, brochures, flyers and email communications.
- Analyze the effectiveness of web, social media and other platforms. Adjust accordingly.
- Bring original ideas, cutting edge and creative content to all platforms.
- Maintain active knowledge of current technologies and trends in social media; maintain active knowledge of local and national news in sanctity of life issues.
- Represent our organization at events, fairs, meetings and in public. Provide admin. and program support for various Pro-Life Union events.
- Coordinate interaction with media outlets.
- Ensure a powerful and impactful voice for life in the Greater Philadelphia area.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, participants, and influencers (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.).
- The proven candidate will possess demonstrated alignment with our vision, mission and belief statements found here: prolifeunion.org/mission.
- Functional knowledge of WordPress, and basic understanding of HTML and web publishing.
- Knowledge, experience and demonstrated excellence with MS Office, Google Docs and other tools.
- Creative writing, creative design, and ability to produce multiple types of content (intelligent, logical, pithy, humorous; as intent and audience dictates).
- Ability to work with all types of people with various backgrounds.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills. Possesses ability to proofread.
- Ability to be responsive to all types of constituents and forward to appropriate person and resources.
- Must have the ability (and preferably possesses experience) to work within a member/donor relationship management system.
- Practices superior time-management.
Preferred (not required) Position Skills and Experience:
- Adobe InDesign
Occasional Duties Will Include:
- Inbound and Outbound phone responsibilities.
- Referring women and families in crisis in timely manner to correct contact and resources.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.