“There is nothing better to display the truth in an excellent light, than a clear and simple statement of facts.”
– Benedict of Nursia –
Want to know the truth about abortion? We all deserve to know the facts, the reality, the truth about abortion and how abortion has affected our communities, country, and culture. It’s time that we say “enough” to the lies and question the narrative that has been promulgated for decades.
What It Is
Abortion is a medical procedure that results in the direct termination of the life of an unborn child. There are two variations of abortions: medical, also known as chemical, and surgical. Medical abortions are typically performed early in the pregnancy and involve the use of medications and chemicals to end the life of the child and then induce labor contractions for delivery. Surgical abortions involve the use of instruments to dilate the woman’s cervix in order to surgically remove the child from her uterus.
Types of Abortion Procedures
Abortion Pills, First Trimester – The Abortion Pill, also known as Mifepristone (RU 486), blocks the flow of the hormone know as progesterone, which naturally works to sustain the pregnancy. As a result, the uterine lining breaks down and any kind of nourishment for the unborn child is cut off, killing the child. 24 – 48 hours later, the woman takes another drug, known as Misoprostol, in order to expel her child from her womb.
Aspiration (Suction D&C), First Trimester – The abortionist will begin by dilating the woman’s cervix in order to gain entry to the uterus. Then, a suction catheter will be inserted into the uterus and used as a vacuum to remove the child. The abortionist will then use a currette to remove any remaining pieces of the child from the woman’s uterus.
Dilation and Evacuation, Second Trimester – The abortionist will first dilate the woman’s cervix in order to gain access to her uterus, where her child resides. A suction catheter will then be inserted into the uterus to remove the amniotic fluid. After the fluid is drained, the abortionist will use a sopher clamp (surgical instrument with rows of sharp teeth) to tear apart the child, limb from limb. After dismembering the child, the abortionist will scrape the remains from the inside of the uterus with a curette. After the abortion, the abortionist will collect the dismembered parts in order to make sure he or she has effectively removed every part of the unborn child.
Induction, Third Trimester– Induction abortions are administered over the span of 3-4 days. The abortionist will inject chemicals, digoxin or potassium chloride, into the woman’s abdomen or vagina in order to induce cardiac arrest of the unborn child, eventually resulting in death. Over the course of the few days after her initial visit, the woman will wait for her cervix to further dilate, as a result of drugs given to her by the abortionist. Once dilated enough and once she has been administered labor-inducing drugs, the woman will deliver her dead child.
Further information can be found at www.abortionprocedures.com
Abortion in the United States
- 2017 – 879.000 abortions were reported
- 2015 – Unmarried women account for 86% of abortions (CDC)
- 2015 – African American women are 3.5 times more likely to have an abortion than white women (CDC)
- 2014 – approximately 19% of pregnancies ended in abortion
- 2013 – Only 9 other countries reported having a higher abortion rate than the US: Bulgaria, Cuba, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Romania, Russia, Sweden, and Ukraine
- Women in their 20s make up the majority of women who have had abortions
- The abortion rate of women who do not live in inner-cities is approximately half that of those women who do reside in metropolitan areas
- 89% of abortions occur in the first trimester
- 40% of minors reported that neither parents knew of the abortion
Abortion in Pennsylvania
- 2018 – Over 15,000 abortions were administered to women in the Greater Philadelphia area; since 1973, one million children have been aborted in the Greater Philadelphia area
- 2017 – 30,011 abortions were administered in PA
- 2017 – Over 18,000 abortions were performed on women in their 20s
- 2014 – 42 facilities that administer abortion in the state of PA; this number is down from the 73 facilities that were in operation in the year 2000.
- An average of 18% of pregnancies end in abortion in PA
More information can be found at: